By: C. W. Stratton
Step 1 or Stalled?
Powerful or Delusional?
Where Am I Powerless?
- Other people’s actions
- What others may say
Effort at Honesty and Willingness
Powerless to Making Effort
- Identify the problem.
- Assess, honestly, whether this is a problem issue for you.
- Look at your history of responses to a similar situation; was the outcome negative or positive?
- What’s your level of commitment to resolving this issue?
- Ask yourself; am I really powerless over this situation or issue?
- Am I using the statement “powerless” as an excuse not to act?
- Do I want to stay within the definition of powerlessness; weak, feeble, lacking strength.
- If the situation is emotionally overwhelming, can I seek more assistance; support network or outside counseling if deemed appropriate?
- Am I avoiding self-defeating statements?
- What can I do to allow myself to be successful in the recovery process.