Changing People, Places, and Things
- Detach from some relationships
- Remove ourselves from the old haunts
- Be mindful of what things prompt cravings
- Cultivate awareness of negative thinking that prompts using
Why We Let Go of Some People
Why We Let Go of Some Places
- The sound of a beer can opening (it can actually be a soda can being open, but this is what it reminds us of).
- Sound of lighters flicking. This may be related to those who use marijuana, crack, heroin use, etc.
- The aroma of alcohol or other substance.
- Seeing a syringe, spoon, rolled up dollar bill, pill bottle or aluminum foil.